The “Suljhao, Magar Pyaar Se” blog series highlights the weekly notes of Sama, while designing dispute systems that promote a collaborative approach and leverages technology.
General Electric (GE), one of the world leaders in power generation, was one of the early corporates to innovate with their legal strategy.
In GE, it wouldn’t be enough for a lawyer to win a case for the company, if the
time, expense, and publicity outweighed the gain. The goals were:
• Quick resolution of disputes
• Inexpensive resolution of disputes
• Minimal waste of executive and management time
• Reduced damage to important business relationships
• Minimized uncertainty of results
While designing dispute systems, it is imperative to understand the context and goals of the business.